Sunday, November 7, 2010

Drake tells first post-Prison phone conversation with Lil Wayne

On the penultimate stop of his light dreams and Nightmares Tour whips the "Miss Me ' MC L.A. crowd in frenzy with Wayne details.
By Paul Cantor


Drake and Lil Wayne (file)
Photo: MTV News

Lil Wayne was released from Rikers Island on Thursday, and while 3000 mile stood between him and Drake — the rapper was in Los Angeles for the next-to-last stop on his light dreams and Nightmares Tour — the power of technology they could again in more ways than one.

On stage at the Gibson Amphitheatre on Thursday, Drake told the crowd, according to a fan video posted on the Rap-UpTV, that he received a phone call from Wayne earlier that day and told their conversation.

"I said," Hello? " All I heard was on the other hand, ' yo. "[More] I said, "Hello?" All I heard was on the other hand, ' yo. " I said, ' Yo, who the f---is this? ' And all I heard was, "Haha, it is Weezy F. baby."I said, "it's good to have you back." He said: "--what the f is up?"I said, "I am ' Chillin', man.Finally made it to the largest city in the whole muthaf---' world."... He said: "I'm in New York with the family", but he said: "you think they still love Lil Wayne there in La? 'I said, "Because I'll see you in a few days, instead of telling you the obvious answer to that question, I'mma just show how much they love you.""

Then The crowd erupted in chants of "Weezy," as Drake a handheld camera turned on them, filming of the reaction of the audience, maybe later to see Lil Wayne. "La, I'm going to keep this camera on, "he told the crowd."I know for a fact that Lil Wayne can't wait to come back to La and the conclusion of this place. so this next song is in honor of the fact that he will be right at home."

The Toronto MC closes his 24-date tour Saturday in Las Vegas at the joint.Drake recently told MTV News reunification with Wayne in Sin City was plausible. "I would just advise you to book a ticket there, "he said."If you can get tickets to this show on the 6th, I would strongly recommend it. "

WEEZY WATCH

Bookmark weezywatch.mtv.com for MTV News complete, 24-hour coverage of Lil Wayne's prison free and the resulting homecoming celebrations.

MTV News has crews on the ground on all possible locations, so we'll be sure to keep you informed on Wayne's latest moves.

Stick with MTV News all weekend for up-to-date reports on Lil Wayne's prison release if we him from Rikers Island to its celebrations at home and abroad. follow us on Twitter @ MTVNews for instant updates and weezywatch.mtv.com bookmark for full, 24-hour coverage.

Related VideosRelated photosRelated artists

View the Original article
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails